Summertime - Small Town, USA
Christi is setting up her ceramics spray glaze booth presently. And it is HOT outside. Approximately 104 degrees Fahrenheit and 40 degrees Celsius last weekend during the Midsummer's Festival here in Lindsborg. Right now it's a smuggy muggy 95. Not a vast improvement, but we're making it work. (If you haven't been to the Midsummer's Festival here before, it's definitely one of those signature Lindsborg events to see. Christi even did a throwing demo this year!)
Our next thing we're really looking forward to this summer, is the "Old Fashioned 4th of July" Fireworks show here in Lindsborg. Not to mention, our 2nd Anniversary of Chestnut Studios! Join us any time between 10 and 5 on Saturday, June 24th for treats, studio tours, and a $50 gift card drawing! (We'll announce the winner via Facebook at 5pm.)
There's always so much to do in Lindsborg in the summer, so we've put together some of Our Favorite Things that we'd love to take with us to a special occasion. (Specifically, the 4th of July, or a birthday party ;) ....) We hope you enjoy!
(By the way, the delicious Cherry Limeade is courtesy of The White Peacock next door!...I seriously had to go back for more ice several times...I couldn't stop stealing a sip in between photos!)
Until next time! (If not at Chestnut Studios, then under a large shade tree at Swensson Park!)
P.S. You can find all of Our Favorite Things collections on our blog, and purchase products, as long as they are in stock!
Our Favorite Things: "Summertime - Small Town, USA"
- "B-Side Myself" Birthday Card by Lichia Liu & Christopher Guest - Gotamago, Toronto, Ontario, CA
- Ice Cream Tote Bag by Justin & Julie Nardy - Yonder Studios - Columbia, MO
- Peacock Ore Crushed Stone Pendant by Ashley Woods - Black Crystals Jewelry - Portland, OR
- No. 6 Josephine Hand & Body Lotion by Riley Fouts - The Soiled Dove Co. - Assaria, KS
- "Do What You Can..." Illustrated Print by Joel & Ashley Selby - This Paper Ship - Saxapahaw, NC